NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Casino Returned Servicemen’s Memorial Club Limited will be held at 162 Canterbury St, Casino in the Club’s Jupiter Room on Thursday 30th November 2023 at 6pm.
- To confirm the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Sunday 20th November 2022.
- President’s Report.
- To receive, consider and adopt the financial report of the company and of the economic entity for the year ended 30 June 2023 and the reports by directors and auditors thereon.
- To consider, and if thought fit, approve an Ordinary Resolution (set out below} conferring benefits on directors for 2023/2024.
- General Business
“That the members hereby approve for the period preceding the 2023 Annual General Meeting the conferring of the payments in (a) and the benefits in (b) to the Directors in respect of their service as members of the Club’s Board as follows:
- pursuant to Section 10(6)(b) ofthe Registered Clubs Act 1976:
- reimbursements of out-of-pocket expenses up to $700 per month for the President,
$500 per month for the Treasurer and $300 per month for each Director; and
- an honorarium to the President and each Director of $120 per ordinary monthly board meeting and special meeting attended by each. In regards to the preceding stand alone meetings of RSM Properties Pty Ltd shall be deemed to be special meeting of the Board up to a maximum of six (6) per annum.
- pursuant to section 10(6A) of the Registered Clubs’ Act 1976,
- two (2) complimentary tickets to shows and functions conducted on Club premises.
- three (3) parking spaces to be allocated as determined by the Board.
- reasonable meals and refreshments whilst entertaining and hosting special guests of professional advisers to the Club.
- reasonable meals and refreshments following Board and Committee Meetings at the Club.
- reasonable expenditure on accommodation, transport, course costs, one meal and a
$120 daily allowance whilst attending industry seminars, training activities, trade shows, conferences and other industry activities as determined by the Board from time to time.
- the provision of a Club blazer, dress shirt, polo shirt and tie for Directors when required to represent the Club.
- The members acknowledge that these benefits described above are unavailable to members generally but only for those who are Directors of the Club.”
NOTES TO MEMBERS ON THE ORDINARY RESOLUTION
These notes are to be read in conjunction with the proposed Ordinary Resolution set out above:
- Section 10(6)(d) of the Registered Clubs Act allows Directors to be paid out of pocket expenses reasonably incurred by them in the course of carrying out their duties provided the expenditure is approved by a current resolution of the Board. The purpose of the Ordinary Resolution is to disclose the nature of such expenditure and to seek members’ approval for it.
- Section 10(6A) of the Registered Clubs Act provides that the Club can provide different benefits for different classes of members provided the benefit is not in the form of money or a cheque or promissory note and the benefit is approved by a general meeting of the members prior to the benefit being provided.
- The benefits conferred by the above ordinary resolution are consistent with those approved by members at the last Annual General Meeting.
Dated: 9th November, 2023 By Direction of the Board
Donna Battese ACCM, JP.
Acting Operations Manager
2022/23 Financial Statements can be found below.